CODE OF ETHICS AND STANDARDS OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
Our Code of Ethics defines the acceptable behaviors and conduct that govern our professional activities and is fully aligned with Sertus Business Principles. All employees must read, understand, and sign off on our Code of Ethics. Anyone found to be in violation of the Code of Ethics will be terminated.
1. Act with integrity, competence, diligence, respect, honesty, and in an ethical manner when dealing with the public, clients, prospective clients, employees, colleagues, and suppliers.
2. Place the interests of our company and clients above personal interests. Sertus employees must not encourage or accept gifts, benefits, compensation, or consideration that competes with or might reasonably be expected to compete with the interests of Sertus or of any client. Employees who have been offered additional compensation, benefits, gifts or consideration must immediately and fully disclose the incident to management.
3. Act in a professional, independent and impartial manner. All test and inspection results, production and logistics data, and other findings related to trading activities or services being rendered by Sertus must be reported accurately and honestly, regardless of the result.
4. Keep information about current, former and prospective clients confidential unless: 1) sharing of the information with suppliers or other sub-contractors is necessary in order to carry out the services that Sertus is being asked to render to the client; 2) the information concerns illegal activities on the part of the client; 3) disclosure is required by law; or 3) client specifically authorizes the disclosure of the information.
对现有的，曾经的和潜在客户的信息，均需保密。以下情况例外： 1）在客户要求SERTUS提供且是为了服务于客户时，与供应商或者次级供应商分享信息。 2）客户的非法行为信息 3）法律要求的信息披露 4）客户特定要求的信息披露
5. Respect and value the property rights of others, ensuring proper adherence to all conditions that are outlined in non-disclosure agreements and any specific client/supplier confidentiality requirements. Sertus and its employees will refrain from any unauthorized use, copying, distribution or alteration of any form of intellectual property.
6. Carry out work in accordance with all laws, rules, and regulations of the countries in which Sertus operates, including but not limited to those related to labor, immigration, health and safety, and the environment.
7. Sertus encourages teamwork, which requires open and honest communication between staff and management at all times. Managers are expected to properly oversee and monitor activities of staff under his/her authority and employees are required not only to ensure that their own actions are in accordance with our Code of Ethics, but must also make reasonable efforts to detect and prevent the actions of others that would be in violation of the Code. Any known violation must be reported immediately to management.
8. Supplier selections will be made objectively and according to criteria that extend beyond price, assessing (among other considerations) the supplier’s ability to deliver a quality product and compliance with all labor, worker safety and environmental laws and regulations. Sertus and its employees will make an objective assessment of these criteria through internal audits, external audits or internationally recognized certification programs.
9. Hire and develop the best people. Sertus makes it policy to compensate all workers with wages, overtime premiums, and benefits that exceed legal standards, local industry standards, or collective agreements, whichever are higher.
10. Sertus is committed to the protection of the environment, and conducts business in accordance to environmental safety and health laws, including all laws related to waste disposal, air emissions, discharges, toxic substances and hazardous waste disposal. Sertus strives to ensure that all our counterparts are equally committed such that all products shipped pose no known risks to our environment or to consumer safety.
Please click on the image below to download a copy of our Code of Ethics.
Interested in learning even more about Sertus? Visit these pages for more information: